Rules are made to be broken. Smashing the conventions of what a mini-ITX motherboard can do, the ROG Strix Z790-I’s power delivery rivals that of full-scale titans and its stacked thermal array is more than a match for multi-core behemoths.
ROG Strix Z790-I expands the boundaries of connectivity, with the innovative ROG Hive, a hybrid audio and USB hub with an added twist - an AI Overclocking button makes tuning so easy, it feels like cheating.
- AI Overclocking - Effortless performance boost
- AI Cooling II - One-click fan tuning
- PCIe 5.0 - PCIe 5.0 x16 slot and onboard M.2
- ROG Hive - Audio, I/O, and controls at arm's reach
- 10 + 1 Power Stages - Robust power solution
- DDR5 Memory - 7600+ MT/s, AEMP II, XMP
- Stacked Heatsink
- DIY Friendly
- Thunderbolt 4
- WiFi 6E
- 10 + 1 power stages each rated to 105A deliver ample current to drive the most powerful Intel 13th Gen processors through any workload with ease.
- Hi-end chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures, enabling performance that exceeds industry standards.
- A ProCool II connector is precision-built to ensure flush contact with PSU power lines. A metal sheath improves heat dissipation and lowers electrical impedance.
- A multi-layered printed circuit board design quickly dissipates heat around the voltage regulators to improve overall system stability and provide the CPU with more overclocking headroom.
- Substantial heatsinks cover the power solution, bolstered by a quiet thermal system that intakes from the core and outputs heat upwards through a ventilated top, so the VRM stays cool even in air-restricted systems.
- On-board M.2 slots are sandwiched between thick heatsinks over the chipset in a clever space-saving arrangement. Thermal efficiency is ensured by a miniature active cooling solution so high-performance drives maintain peak performance.
- Positioned near the top of the motherboard, a PWM/DC fan header gives easy access for CPU coolers.
- A dedicated PWM/DC header connects self-contained water-cooling setups.
- The Strix Z790-I features a chassis fan header that auto-detects any PWM or DC fan connected to it.